Webinar: Research Programs to Understand the Environmental Impacts of Offshore Wind, Part 2
Research Programs to Understand the Environmental Impacts of Offshore Wind, Part 2 – Vattenfall’s Environmental Research Programme at the European Offshore Wind Deployment Centre (EOWDC) and the Dutch Offshore Wind Ecological Programme (Wozep)
Please join our webinar scheduled for Tuesday, June 20, 2017 from 15:00-16:30 UTC (8:00 am PT/11:00 am ET) developed as part of International Energy Agency’s Wind Task 34 (also known as WREN – Working Together to Resolve Environmental Effects of Wind Energy). This webinar series supports WREN’s goal to facilitate international collaboration that advances global understanding of environmental effects of offshore and land-based wind energy development. Please feel free to forward this invite to others.
This webinar is the second of a two-part series covering research programs designed to understand the environmental impacts of offshore wind. Part 1, held in March 2017 and presented by Dr. John King from the University of Rhode Island (RI), included information on The United States Bureau of Ocean Energy Management’s (BOEM) Real-time Opportunity for Development Environmental Observations (RODEO) study at the U.S.’s first offshore wind farm at Block Island, RI. See http://tethys.pnnl.gov for access to the RODEO webinar.
Part 2, scheduled for June 20, 2017, will include a presentation by Jesper Kyed Larsen who will present on Vattenfall’s environmental research programme at the European Offshore Wind Deployment Centre (EOWDC), which includes in-depth scientific research to inform impact assessment for offshore wind. This will be followed by Ingeborg van Splunder who will present on the Dutch Offshore Wind Ecological Programme (Wozep), which is part of an adaptive management process surrounding the legislative process for offshore wind in the Netherlands
- Join the Webinar Here: http://awwi.adobeconnect.com/wren/.
- Sign In: Select guest, enter your full name, and hit ‘Enter Room.’
- Audio: You will need computer speakers or headphones to listen to the audio through your computer. We will take written questions through the webinar system.
- If you cannot listen to audio through your computer, please contact Elise DeGeorge at email@example.com for alternative access information.
- Test Your Connection: Click here to test your connection prior to the webinar.
- Help: Click here for complete instructions on joining an Adobe Connect meeting, including trouble shooting options.
- Mobile Access: Click here for information on how to join from a mobile device.
In this 90 minute WREN webinar, the speaker presentations will be followed by a question and answer session.
All webinars are archived on our WREN hub at: http://tethys.pnnl.gov.